The paving process consist of three different phases: Concrete/Asphalt Removal, Sub-base preparation, and Concrete/Asphalt Installation.
- Saw-cuts are completed to protect any pavement to remain.
- All concrete/asphalt will be removed by machines and laborers.
- Old material is hauled off site and disposed of properly.
- The gravel or Base underneath the old pavement may or may not need to be replaced. We will know once we pull up the concrete/asphalt
- The base is graded and pitched for proper water drainage.
- Once graded, the base is compacted prior to concrete/asphalt installation.
- Concrete/Asphalt is then installed over the compacted gravel base.
- Concrete is poured onto the gravel base and the asphalt is installed using a paving machine.
- Concrete is leveled, finished, and ready to set. Asphalt is rolled and compacted.